Philips L4D91T Colette AM & FM 1959-61

 
One of Philips's early transistor FM portables, lovely balanced design with cream plastic an Rexine sides and handle. Made and found in Germany for use in Europe with French text on the display. Using 9 Mullard germanium transistors. LW, MW and VHF (89-100mhz) FM with a tone button. No faults were found? I just fitted some LED's the the extensively detailed tuning display and she looks stunning now. I've added the circuit diagram for anybody having trouble, but in my case it was a winner.

The display was filthy and I had to dismantle the front for a good clean, while there fitted LED's

The front after  a careful clean with soapy water, don't use chemical cleaners on there old things it'll rub the writing away. You can find no more reliable European makes than Philips, the company I used to work for was part owned by them and their standards were top notch. No video for this one - sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment